You might assume that encouraging pest prevention isn’t in the best interests of an exterminator, but that’s not the truth. Exterminators, or at least good exterminators, are more interested in actually resolving your pest problems than making money off of you. In addition, any exterminator can tell you that our services can only be so effective if you don’t also do your part once we have left your property.
Here are five pest prevention tips we want you to know:
- Reduce moisture as much as possible- All pests need water to survive, but they may not need much of it. Do your best to keep your property free of moisture by repairing plumbing leaks and eliminating standing water. You may even want to get a dehumidifier to keep your attic dry.
- Seal off potential entry points- Take a look around your house and keep a wary eye out for cracks, gaps, and holes where pests could enter. Call the appropriate professionals for repairs if needed or buy some caulk from a nearby hardware store to seal these areas.
- Maintain a clean living area- Having pests doesn’t automatically mean your home is dirty, but maintaining a clean home can go far in preventing pests from entering. Don’t leave clutter lying around for pests to hide under and make sure you keep your kitchen clean in particular.
- Keep your garbage in a sealed container- Lots of pests are attracted to rotting food, so make sure your garbage can is sealed tightly. Remember to take out the trash regularly, too.
- Trim trees and shrubs in your yard regularly- Tree branches and other vegetation that gets too close to your house can play a role in letting pests into your home, so maintain them as needed.
If you need an exterminator in the Lakeland, Florida area, contact us today.